DIY Cacao and Coffee Wellness Recipe from Ecuador
Posted on 29 November 2017
With the growing population of products in the wellness and beauty world, we are often confused about the authenticity of the many options and brands. Sustainable, organic and vegan are widely used terms, but rarely does the customer know the true meaning. We tried to experiment in our kitchen to bring you quick DIY wellness recipe for that everyday glow, made with Latin American beauty ingredients like cacao and coffee from Ecuador, and include organic and sustainable options.
Wellness Recipe for Breakfast: Cacao Yoghurt
A rich and chocolatey mood-boosting yoghurt with cacao, blueberries and nuts tastes just delicious and is the perfect breakfast as it provides the necessary antioxidants to rejuvenate skin as well as vitamins and proteins.
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup fat-free yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds and pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Handful of almonds and pistachios
- Add cacao powder and cinnamon with yoghurt and mix well. Leave it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pour the yoghurt in a bowl and add seeds, nuts, berries on top
- Enjoy cold. To add more fibre, you could also use oats.
Wellness Recipe for your Skin: Coffee Scrub with Cinnamon and Coconut oil
Cellulite is a problem all women face and one simple recipe could be a solution! The answer is in your kitchen. Don’t know what to do with the waste after filtering your coffee? Scrub it! And it is a great way to give more antioxidants to your skin.
- 1 Cup Ground organic coffee
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil in a pan
- Allow it to cool.
- Add ground coffee and brown sugar with cinnamon and vanilla to the oil. You could also use, leftover coffee from Filters.
- Store in an airtight container and use at least 3 times a week before a shower.
- Use coconut oil for a massage after the shower.
Try these wellness treatments soon, they will not disappoint!
Author: Sayali Goyal