Indian Spiced Sweet Potato
Posted on 27 October 2016
Sweet potatoes are as delicious as they are nutritious – and they are so incredibly good for you, high in Vitamin A, antioxidants and much more. There are endless ways of making and eating Spiced Sweet Potato, and this is my masala take on it. I’ve made it in various different ways before, with different combinations of spices each time, but this time I’ve added a little tandoori sauce, which adds a perfect zing of spice. This version did really top them all.
SPICED SWEET POTATO INGREDIENTS
2 sweet potatoes, around 300g
1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
¼ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons yoghurt
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon tandoori sauce
- Preheat the oven on Gas Mark 4.
- Start by thoroughly washing the sweet potatoes as you’ll be grilling them with the skin.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes – you can also do slightly larger chunks – it simply takes a little more time to cook. Place them in a mixing bowl and leave on the side.
- In a small bowl, mix the tandoori sauce and yoghurt and add this along with the rest of the ingredients into the mixing bowl with the sweet potato slices. Mix together properly, spread out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until cooked.
- Use a fork to check if soft and cooked. Once they are cooked, place under the grill for around 10 minutes so they become brown and slightly crispy. Keep checking while in oven that they don’t burn.
The original "Spiced Sweet Potato" recipe was published on ELUXE Magazine.
© Photo via ELUXE Magazine