Indian Cardamom Chia Seeds Drink
Posted on 02 September 2016
This smooth and creamy cardamom chia seeds drink is an impressive chia dessert, to be savoured with a spoon or a small straw. Made with blended cashews and sweetened with dates, it is as nourishing as it is filling. Also, there are many remarkable chia seeds benefits held within one layer of texture. The touch of cardamom and saffron transform the taste entirely, lending intensity of flavour and delicious decadence. Serves 4 small glasses.
INDIAN CARDAMOM CHIA SEEDS DRINK INGREDIENTS
1.5 tablespoon chia seeds
½ teaspoon cardamom
pistachios to garnish
- Soak the cashews in 350ml water for 30 minutes or longer – you can even soak them overnight.
- Soak the chia seeds in water (50ml) for similar time. If in a rush, soak chia seeds in hot water, mix together thoroughly and they should be ready in a few minutes.
- Blend the cashews, water and dates in a high-speed blender. Pour this mixture into the chia seeds and keep stirring.
- Now add the cardamom and saffron and mix well. You can also place small amounts of the soaked chia seeds at the bottom of each glass and pour the cashew, date, cardamom and saffron mixture over it.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and a sprinkle of cardamom.
The original article first appeared on ELUXE Magazine.
© Photo via ELUXE Magazine